Monday, August 24, 2009

Natural Hair Journey


In my quest for natural hair and better, healthier and longer hair I finally left my house to go and buy my products. Unfortunately my local beauty supply shop was closed so I wondered in big lots that was just next door. I managed to pick up a large mirror and a mirror with a stand which will help me when I need to use both of my hands and I can also sit down.

Be prepared to purchase some much needed supplies especially if you don't have a beautician or the one you use does not cater to natural healthy hair. I was also able to pick up some hair ties to replace rubber bands which can break and cut into your hair.

Buying Black Hair Products

I headed over to Walmart to purchase some inexpensive black hair products but when I got their I discovered I had left my list behind. I was able to find some of the products I was looking for but I was not sure so I opted to just wait until tomorrow.

The first thing I have to do is get my hair back to a softer healthy state. So I am trying to decide on the right shampoo and conditioner. What I know so far is that you need protein to strengthen you hair (which is broken down in the relaxing process) and a moisture that not only works on the outside of the head but the inside. So I am looking for products with a lot of natural oils and less commercial as well as inexpensive.

My thoughts is to go cheap to start, however, I don't want to waste money trying different products that does not work. My thoughts is that maybe I can return the products that are no good to the store, hummm, maybe I will check with the store manager to see what is the return policy. I have no problem buying products if I can get a return bottle policy no questions asked.

All Natural Hair Products

I was considering purchasing all natural oils by Chaz Dean "WEN" very expensive $82.00 on QVC sit and over one hundred dollars if you purchase from his store on website, and the amounts are rather small. However, it is all natural and he gives a 30 day guarantee on all his products.

I am also looking at Hair Affinity who sells hair vitamins for faster hair growth for black ethnic hair. Their products are more reasonable and natural as well I think the whole set only cost around $40.00. I will be purchasing the vitamins because of the great client testimonials and I use to take GNC hair, nail and skin vitamins and they worked pretty well.

I would recommended that everyone take a good look at the ingredients in their products and spend a little time to find out what we are putting on our bodies and on our hair. Our bodies are like sponges and what ever we put on our skin goes right into our blood stream.

Okay back to my first natural hair style. I will take Dprincess up on her challenge to stay away from heat for 30 days. Wish me luck.


Wet Roller Set

1. Find safe and effective black hair shampoo and conditioner
2. Find a moisturizer I can apply and leave on my hair every other day
3. Find a light spray natural oil enriched for shine
4. I will try the Isoplus gel to smooth my sides
5. Roller set at least 3 different sizes

I will post pitcher of my hair tonight pulled all back in a pony tail and a pic of
the finish touches to the roller set.

Be sure to sign up for my free report on all the products I find to be safe and what
products to beware of why. Wish my luck on my natural hair journey..

No comments:

Post a Comment