Monday, August 24, 2009

My Ethnic Hair Going From Perm to Natural


I watched a lot of you tube videos on ethnic hair going from perm to natural. I have been debating back and forth all day do I really want to go natural or continue breaking my hair down with perm.

Well tomorrow I will go to Sallies and buy a couple of products that will allow me to try some natural styles. I am still learning how to put protein and moisture back into my hair and restore it back to it's original state. I thought it was from just getting old but I think it is more from bad hair care.

I think I will go for a wavy look that seems pretty simple. Just wash and condition hair then add leave in conditioner, part hair two sections above the ear, then twist and pin up. Tie hair with silk scarf and the next morning take down hair and comb out with finders not come. You can use gel for sides.

I will post videos of my results or pics. Be sure join my readers list and we can take this road to healthy ethnic hair. Keep in mind I just recently had a perm in July this year, and just so happen my niece the perm all the way to the ends. I have a long way to go before I get that total natural look.

I am still debating if I want to buy the expensive good stuff or just try some of the cheaper products that has natural oils in it even though commercial hair products are not the best for your hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment