Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ethnic Hair Loss Remedies


Are you to looking to discover what ethnic hair loss remedies really work. I am looking for a way to stop my hair from thinning on the sides. I have tried ethnic hair products and nothing seem to work. I guess I should say I am looking for a way to re-grow my hair on the sides. I am not sure why it is thinning so much considering I am only in my early 40's.

I will chop it up as poor diet, smoking, not enough water or from perms. I have been only perming my hair every 4 to 6 months to slow down the process of thinning hair along with graying. My hair is not thick and healthy as it use to be.

I have been trying some herbal remedies at home to eliminate the commercial store bought products. Last night I wash my hair for the first time with a home remedy formula that I will list below.

My regular shampoo
added 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to my shampoo

I just washed my hair as normal and all was fine. don't worry about the vinegar smell it was not that bad.

I then conditioned my hair with a home remedy hair conditioner:

Boiled in pot ...

3 Table spoons of rosemary
2 table spoons of basil
2 table spoons of sage

Let cool to room temperature than put into refrigerator until cold. I then just poured the mixture onto my hair messaged it into my scalp and left on for about 5 minutes. You can probably do it longer since it is natural and should not hurt you.

I then let my hair air dry partly and used a blow dryer to finish the drying process. I did rub a gloss or oil product over my hair to help protect my hair from the heat. Since I have permed hair which breaks down the natural strength of the hair it is weaker. I do not comb my hair while it is wet any more because it is tangled and tends to break easily. I assume because of the perm weakening process.

RESULTS:

I noticed that I did not need as much gloss or straightening product in the flat iron process. Normally when I flat iron my hair after blow drying I need gloss on every portion that I flat iron. This time was different my hair was shinny and bouncier and felt a lot healthier.

I did clips my ends just bit. Since I do not have a hair stylist right now and I despise split ends I bought some inexpensive scissors from a beauty supply store for about $25 dollars, but you can use what ever you have. My grandmother use to cut my hair and I know she did not buy any special scissors, granted we did not have perms and flat irons..just an old fashioned straightening comb and ultra sheen grease.

My hair would normally feel dry and brittle and would break easily. I still need to wait a couple of days to see if the condition of my hair remains the same. Meaning I can run my fingers through my hair without it breaking. I have to admit it does feel stronger and I am not sure if it was the process of adding the vinegar to the shampoo or the home remedy conditioner.

My mom told me she heard the the conditional will help grow your hair and keep it healthy. I also read for hair loss you can use rosemary and sage.

I will update this blog on the results of my home conditioner and hair growth. I have just permed my hair in July so I will not do another perm until November or December. If my home remedies can work to soften, moisturize and strengthen my hair who knows maybe if can cut out the perm altogether.

I will wash and condition my own hair and then find a hair dresser that can press and keep the ends clipped for me. If the conditioning process works then my roots should be soft and strong.

Check back of sign up for my email news letter to get the latest update and you tube videos results.

Ethnic hair loss remedies fact or fiction only time and test will tell. If you have a ethnic hair remedy share it here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment