Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ethnic Hari - My Second Hair Wash


OK so last week I washed my hair with my ordinary store bought shampoo Nioxin which is not cheap I paid $50 for the shampoo and conditioner. Although, I think it did help me grow out my hair for some reason my hair started to break. It became very dry and brittle and I was only using that product my guess is that I needed more moisture and protein.



I added apple cider vinegar to my shampoo just a teaspoon and worked the shampoo in my hair. I then followed up with a home made conditioner. I boiled rosemary, basil and sage then strained it let stand until it reached room temperature and put it in the refrigerator until it cooled. My only mistake was not letting it stay in my hair for at least 15 minutes.


Well tonight after three days of going through you tube videos I finally decided what style I was going to use. My goal is to keep heat out of my hair as long as possible. I think I may go with the transition but not a big chop that is way to drastic for me and I don't think it is necessary. I will just cut my perm hair off as my new growth comes in if possible.

So tonight I did a egg treatment for protein. I did it dry because I wanted my hair to really get all the egg, although I put a few drops of water on each section I worked with but for the most part it was dry. I parted my hair in sections and really worked it in all the way to the ends then let it set for 15 minutes.

I then rinsed my hair in the shower because I have a problem with my hair getting tangled. I watched a video where a girl dangled her hair with condition. So I had some motion deep conditioner in a big tube so I sectioned off my hair and put a lot of conditioner in. It actually worked I started combing from the end up and I actually got the comb through my hair without any breakage.





It has been a long time since I was able to comb through my hair wet. I would normally just let me hair dry and then comb through it after it dries. I just let that stay in about 5 minutes and then back into the shower to rinse it out. I normally wash my hair in the kitchen sink but it gets all tangled so the shower is better for now.



I then put the Olive Oil Penetrating Deep condition on really good all the way through the ends and got under the dryer for 15 minutes with a bag on of course. Once I am done with this I will probably put some leave-in condition on it and then start my rod set. I am using the motion setting lotion because I already had it in my cabinet. I am ordering some good product that I can use but I will not have it for 10 days.



Check back tomorrow for the follow up on whether my wash worked and updated on how my roller set came out.

Be sure to sign up for my reader and catch all my updates on my natural hair journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment