Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ethnic Hair Relaxer - How To Prep

I am getting ready to do a protein treatment on my hair because as I mentioned in earlier post I have a lot of breakage and I think I need protein and moisture. Everyone says you should rotate your protein and moisture conditioners. I am still doing research on that as well as with my own own. My grandmother use to use egg in our hair when we were little and we had natural long hair very shinny and soft.

Okay I watched a couple of videos and it seems like everyone has a different approach when it comes to egg protein treatment.

JustThisGirl 11 has a video for pre treatment relaxer preparation before getting your relaxer. Since I have not decided if I am going perm hair to natural hair I thought I might mention it. I usually don't go no longer than 6 months between perms. But this is good to know and may help to keep a lot of you length by doing this little extra step before relaxing.

I have notice some people put the egg in their shampoo, some put it straight on their hair with just egg and some people wet their hair and some do not. I guess it is any body's call I wonder what is the most effective way of doing this process.

Hair Protein Treament Products

JustthisGirl uses Infuse Intensive Reconstruture c(Enphuse is from the Phyto Organics (nexxus) line. It's the protein counterpart to the humectin moisturizing conditioner. )

She also use a deep conditioner after the protein treatment put moisture back in she uses pantene relaxed and natural deep conditioner mask and it is safe to use a moisture after every shampoo. Best habit is to use a daily moisture on the hair especially if you have permed relaxed hair.

Last but not least she uses pure virgin coconut oil and I have heard a lot of great things about how coconut oil plays an important role in hair growth. Funny how natural oils play a key role in growing longer stronger hair but our store bought products are now just starting to answer that call.

She seems to have the right idea and it make sense to me to put protein back into your hair after a perm. You can watch here video buy clicking on her name up top. I am not going to do this method because I do not have any of those products. I was actually looking for a video on the home egg protein treatment.

Good luck in your healthy hair journey. Be sure to sign up for my news letter or Google Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment